ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 13
« First < 3910111213
Media Center>Star Wars: The Acolyte
BigRedChief 06:39 PM 03-19-2024

En el set de Stars Wars The Acolyte 😎
On the set of Star Wars The Acolyte 😘#StarWars #StarWarsTheAcolyte #Disney #DisneyPlus #Teaser #Acolyte #Premier #TV #Jedi #Lucasfilms #Luke #Skywalker #TheForce pic.twitter.com/Wq9p9LRK7t

— Alita Betancurt 💕✨ (@alitabetancurt) March 20, 2024

[Reply]
PatMahomesIsGod 02:25 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by notorious:
Say what you want about her politics, but that girl is pretty damn hot.
Looks like she can fuck.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:36 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by notorious:
Say what you want about her politics, but that girl is pretty damn hot.
I can easily find 10 hotter women in Star Wars.

Everything about this show is third rate.

If it wasn't abusing the Star Wars IP no one would care about it.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:53 PM Yesterday
Kathleen Kennedy is such a rotten cunt.

Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy has said women in Star Wars, such as The Acolyte showrunner Leslye Headland, struggle due to a male dominated fanbase. https://t.co/cPcE3kMwbw pic.twitter.com/ZjzsZDzzFP

— IGN (@IGN) June 2, 2024

[Reply]
staylor26 08:40 PM Yesterday
Soooo maybe take that into consideration as opposed to trying to force a different target audience?

Star Wars was already organically diverse. There was never a need for any of this nonsense.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:30 PM Yesterday
I don’t think this show being bad has anything to do with the fact its central characters are women (or even that they bizarrely threw in an unnecessary scene referring to pronoun usage). I think it is because it is one of the worst written and acted shows I’ve ever seen (and certainly the worst in the SW universe). This is far worse than than even the abomination of a show that ST: Discovery became.

Again, I can’t fathom how this was even made once the scripts came in.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:39 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Never had any intention of watching this, but the online entertainment factor has been off the charts

Between this place and its reviews, and the msn, yahoo, etc scrolls its been pure gold... wild disparities between RT critic/audience scores, followed by the showrunner/actors and most online outlets trashing the fans for hating it

Such times we're in...

Contempt for the audience, that's what killed Dennis Day!
I honestly figured the disparity might be explained by a review bombing campaign at first (like with the phenomenal mini-series Watchmen a few years back) and the show couldn’t possibly be as bad as the audience on RT rated it. How wrong I was.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:35 PM Today
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
I don’t think this show being bad has anything to do with the fact its central characters are women (or even that they bizarrely threw in an unnecessary scene referring to pronoun usage). I think it is because it is one of the worst written and acted shows I’ve ever seen (and certainly the worst in the SW universe). This is far worse than than even the abomination of a show that ST: Discovery became.

Again, I can’t fathom how this was even made once the scripts came in.
Yes AND no.

House of the Dragon is proof that it doesn't.

But the difference between HOTD and this is there's no agenda. It's organic, especially considering that it's just taking straight from the source material.

Whats going on in the Acolyte isn't organic. It is forced. It's activism disguised as entertainment. That has A LOT to do with it being so bad.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 03:22 PM Today
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Kathleen Kennedy is such a rotten ****.

Why blame yourself when you can blame the fans?
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 03:23 PM Today
No it's not. Filoni isn't in charge of this. He can't just tell woke ass Disney to fire everyone involved with this.

Since his own shows bear little resemblance to this DEIumpster fire, this ain't it. I'm certain that he has to do his best to grit his teeth and bear it, knowing that this won't spawn any spinoffs.

Let them have their gay little diversity circle jerk. He'll be over in the corner continuing to pen the best post ROTJ content we've ever gotten. He's a man with a clear vision, and sometimes you have to let some else have a meaningless show you can execute the master plan.
They are coming for him next. Appeasement never works.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 04:00 PM Today
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Yes AND no.

House of the Dragon is proof that it doesn't.

But the difference between HOTD and this is there's no agenda. It's organic, especially considering that it's just taking straight from the source material.

Whats going on in the Acolyte isn't organic. It is forced. It's activism disguised as entertainment. That has A LOT to do with it being so bad.
Agreed. Same with Fallout (another show I’m watching this week with a female protagonist). The audience can feel pretty plainly when a show’s messaging is not organic and that’s how you end up losing them.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 04:20 PM Today
Kathleen Kennedy is such a rotten cunt.

Maybe she should complain about women not watching Star Wars instead. She’s probably one of these people that thinks there is no difference between the men and women and their interests though and idiotically believed they just needed more women everywhere and that once the “patriarchy” was destroyed women would come.
[Reply]
Page 13 of 13
« First < 3910111213
Up