ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2700 of 2700
« First < 1700220026002650269026962697269826992700
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:00 PM Today
Originally Posted by ThrobProng:
Nothing you posted says Montana can hold Mahomes' jock. Mahomes has done more with less, in a passing era where WRs are even more important...unless Mahomes is the QB.

As they say, the best ability is availability. Another category where Mahomes smokes Montana.
You're still wrong. Montana would have played 15-20 years in the modern NFL. You can't hit the QB anymore.

Passing league? All of Montana's stats would have been inflated.

You have no idea what you're talking about.

Let's see how Mahomes does when he's 34. That is a long way off.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:05 PM Today
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
You're still wrong. Montana would have played 15-20 years in the modern NFL. You can't hit the QB anymore.

Montana also played in a revolutionary system that defenses were not ready for at the time.

In a lot of ways Montana was the epitome of the ultimate system QB. Not to take anything away from Montana as he was a high end player but the success of the 49ers speaks more to the brilliance of Bill Walsh than anything.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:06 PM Today
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Montana also played in a revolutionary system that defenses were not ready for at the time.
What the fuck do you think Reid and Mahomes have been doing :-)
[Reply]
ThrobProng 12:06 PM Today

Montana had the resiliency of Joe Burrow. Lol

Mahomes won't need that much time to eclipse Montana in every statistical category.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:09 PM Today
What the fuck do you think Reid and Mahomes have been doing :-)
I don't even dislike Montana but he played at a time when LB's weighed 250-260lbs and were just run stoppers, he just dumped it to Roger Craig a bunch...

I can actually make an argument that he isn't even better than Steve Young.
[Reply]
New World Order 12:15 PM Today
Good grief Clayster, calm down
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:16 PM Today
I don't even dislike Montana but he played at a time when LB's weighed 250-260lbs and were just run stoppers, he just dumped it to Roger Craig a bunch...

I can actually make an argument that he isn't even better than Steve Young.
Steve Young played with stronger rosters and won a hell of a lot less.

Get this shit out of here.

Dumped it to Roger Craig? Fuck off. Here's Carl fucking Monroe out of the backfield. Dumpoff city, idiot.

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:18 PM Today
Originally Posted by ThrobProng:
Montana had the resiliency of Joe Burrow. Lol
He came back from back surgery in the MIDDLE OF A SEASON.

He's much tougher than history gives him credit for because he played in an era where you could damn near murder quarterbacks.

Joe Burrow wouldn't have lasted 5 seasons in the 80s.

Originally Posted by New World Order:
Good grief Clayster, calm down
We don't tolerate Joe Montana slander around here.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:19 PM Today
Montana gets a lot of love because he won a ton on the best team when a lot of people here were kids.

I still give most of the credit from those teams to Bill Walsh, the guy who literally said his system was so good he didn't need elite players. And there is nothing wrong with Montana benefitting from those things but to act like he's the best ever is pushing it.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:24 PM Today
Montana gets a lot of love because he won a ton on the best team when a lot of people here were kids.

I still give most of the credit from those teams to Bill Walsh, the guy who literally said his system was so good he didn't need elite players. And there is nothing wrong with Montana benefitting from those things but to act like he's the best ever is pushing it.
Still a top 3 QB.

If it was all the system why did Steve Young only win one Super Bowl?

Stupid arguments from stupid people.
[Reply]
ThrobProng 12:25 PM Today

Let's also not forget that pretty much every NFL stat prior to the salary cap and free agency should have an asterisk next to it.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:30 PM Today
Still a top 3 QB.

If it was all the system why did Steve Young only win one Super Bowl?

Stupid arguments from stupid people.
Well cause he didn't have Bill Walsh and the league had caught up to the system by then, half the fucking league ran it at 1 point.
[Reply]
Shaid 12:36 PM Today
I didn't put Brady above Montana until he got to 6. Montana was better, Brady got him on longevity.
[Reply]
New World Order 12:40 PM Today
Originally Posted by Shaid:
I didn't put Brady above Montana until he got to 6. Montana was better, Brady got him on longevity.
Yeah.

If Montana stays til mid 90s in SF then he obviously wins at least 5, maybe gets to 6.
[Reply]
Page 2700 of 2700
« First < 1700220026002650269026962697269826992700
Up