ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 42 of 42
« First < 323839404142
Nzoner's Game Room>Andy Reid called me, and he asked CP to fix the offense.
Direckshun 07:39 AM 09-23-2024
I think we can all agree the offense has not been up to par this season.

At this point, there's only so much we can do about it. Our best WR got injured and is missing the season, our best RB is out until December, our LT situation is messy and our stud TE is looking his age.

So, is this who we are now? Is 30 points a game a distant memory?

What can be done?

(Andy Reid is lurking in this thread, so make sure you're on your best behavior.)
[Reply]
-King- 06:37 AM Today
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Bahktiari would be a huge pickup and he said he wants to win a ring before he retires. He should be healthy by now. I bet we sign him during the bye if LT is still a major concern.
Why"should" he be healthy?
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 06:45 AM Today
Originally Posted by -King-:
Why"should" he be healthy?
Word is he eats all his vegetables.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 06:52 AM Today
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
I saw a trade speculation article today. It mentioned that the Titans are going nowhere and might want to trade away DeAndre Hopkins. They mentioned the Chiefs as a possibility. I'm not sure if I would want that or not. He's 32 years old, on an $8M salary that would be prorated, but he's a free agent at the end of the season with 3 void years on his contract. If he would help jumpstart this offense, then it would be worth it. But I am more concerned with left tackle.
Sure, he'd be a great addition but we'd be a bit crowded on offense and I doubt he'd want to get lost in the shuffle, but maybe he's hungry for a ring at this point and we sign him to replace Brown. Would be fun, but feels highly unlikely.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 06:55 AM Today
Rename Kaw Point, Ellis Island of Brokedicks
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 08:25 AM Today
There's nothing wrong with Travis Kelce. Teams are committing to taking him away, and Mahomes, now a veteran, isn't trying to force the football so his friends can get their numbers.

Rashee Rice has become an unstoppable killing machine with the attention put on Kelce.

By mid season, these deep misses short, behind, to Worthy will be ironed out as they build game reps together.

One actual problem offensively is the dreaded 3rd and 1 and I've put on my little red shoes and clicked my heels together to do my part to assist shitty washed Kareem Hunt in being the gallant knight to ride in on his noble steed and slay the 3rd and 1 dragon for Andy that the Hunt ball washers believe he's going to be.

Hey, it could happen. Priest was 30 when we got him.

Once the immediate pressure from the LT position is resolved, you'll see the offense really start to pick up.

If Kelce can stay patient, and contribute to team wins w8thout flashy numbers, and kind of be that " break glass in case of emergency" asset, he should have plenty of juice for the post season run.

We're playing the Chargers this week so you know he will catch the game winning td in this one. I think it's in his contract that he is to rip the soul of the Chargers out through their asshole at least once per season.
[Reply]
xztop123 08:27 AM Today
It’s proly as simple as getting worthy up to speed. If worthy is incorporated the same as late season rice last year then we’re proly firing away.
[Reply]
crispystl 08:59 AM Today
Originally Posted by xztop123:
It’s proly as simple as getting worthy up to speed. If worthy is incorporated the same as late season rice last year then we’re proly firing away.
When/IF Patrick gets better protection from LT and RB and he starts hitting Worthy on those deep shots things are gonna look a lot better.
[Reply]
philfree 09:11 AM Today
The premise of this thread is funny. Andy called Direckshun for help:-)
[Reply]
O.city 09:13 AM Today
Until Pat feels comfortable in the pocket, none of it is gonna matter.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:26 AM Today
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
The Bengals almost beat us.

I've been bearish against the Ravens all offseason and so far this season, and I still think the team they were in Weeks 1 & 2 is more indicative than who they were in Week 3.
The Bengals are working without a net for the rest of the season.

They literally need to win EVERY game they're supposed to win from this point forward.

That's not to say they can't do it - that's kinda the point in games you're 'supposed' to win.

But most teams don't. Over the next 14 games, the odds are pretty good that they duff another one given the state of that defensive front. And the possibility of a Chase/Higgins 'operation shutdown' sort of injury is legitimate.

The Bengals simply may not matter to us at all. The odds of them seeing the post-season at this point are maybe 30%.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:36 AM Today
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler:
There's nothing wrong with Travis Kelce. Teams are committing to taking him away, and Mahomes, now a veteran, isn't trying to force the football so his friends can get their numbers.

Rashee Rice has become an unstoppable killing machine with the attention put on Kelce.

By mid season, these deep misses short, behind, to Worthy will be ironed out as they build game reps together.

One actual problem offensively is the dreaded 3rd and 1 and I've put on my little red shoes and clicked my heels together to do my part to assist shitty washed Kareem Hunt in being the gallant knight to ride in on his noble steed and slay the 3rd and 1 dragon for Andy that the Hunt ball washers believe he's going to be.

Hey, it could happen. Priest was 30 when we got him.

Once the immediate pressure from the LT position is resolved, you'll see the offense really start to pick up.
He was 27 (fairly big distinction there). Though your point is fair.

RBs that keep the mileage off may age a little better. And Hunt, for various reasons, seems to have low mileage.

That said, I think part of Holmes' success was a very distinct running style that worked extremely well with our system and OL. It allowed him to avoid taking big shots and use that 'slipperiness' to full effect even if the burst wasn't premier. I mean lets not forget that the guy wasn't a HR hitter -- his longest carry in KC was 56 yards. His second longest was 48 and is infamous BECAUSE of what his lack of burst meant. It was the no fumble game where he got run down from behind and stripped by David Macklin and it could well be why we lost.

Meanwhile Hunt is pretty conventional. And our running game is as well. I think the players and systems are distinct enough that there's not really much of a comparison to draw here.

I mostly just hope that Hunt can provide a boost inside the red zone and in pass protection. If he does that, he's friggen golden.
[Reply]
crispystl 09:56 AM Today
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

I mostly just hope that Hunt can provide a boost inside the red zone and in pass protection. If he does that, he's friggen golden.
I've been saying this as well. As long as we get those two things (and I believe we will) we're better off than we were without him. Anything else is just gravy.
[Reply]
O.city 10:07 AM Today
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
The Bengals are working without a net for the rest of the season.

They literally need to win EVERY game they're supposed to win from this point forward.

That's not to say they can't do it - that's kinda the point in games you're 'supposed' to win.

But most teams don't. Over the next 14 games, the odds are pretty good that they duff another one given the state of that defensive front. And the possibility of a Chase/Higgins 'operation shutdown' sort of injury is legitimate.

The Bengals simply may not matter to us at all. The odds of them seeing the post-season at this point are maybe 30%.
Kinda wondering about that this weekend in regards to the Ravens Bills. I think we want the Bills to just go ahead and deal them a potential killshot, no?
[Reply]
ToxSocks 10:10 AM Today
Originally Posted by O.city:
Kinda wondering about that this weekend in regards to the Ravens Bills. I think we want the Bills to just go ahead and deal them a potential killshot, no?
Ehh. I'd rather give the Bills the L. Ravens are already down 2.5 games.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:18 AM Today
Originally Posted by O.city:
Depends.

If you think it WILL be a kill-shot, yeah. Let Buffalo take them out. Still leaves HFA on our racket when we play Buffalo.

And a playoffs without Burrow and Jackson is preferable to one with them.

"I wanna beat the best" is bullshit - I just want to win.

But if you think that Baltimore still has the talent to get off the mat and make the post-season, I'd just as soon see them beat Buffalo and give us a little bit of breathing room in a potential race for the #1 seed.

Which is to say that I'm gonna wait and see what happens, convince myself of the preferrred outcome and then be happy either way.
[Reply]
Page 42 of 42
« First < 323839404142
Up