ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Which team had the best draft?
kozzman555 01:41 PM 05-26-2024
Originally Posted by RunKC:
After some time to thinking on it I really do love what the Falcons did and don’t understand the hate there.

Great year to draft a QB for them. Kirk is an old bridge QB that we know won’t take them where they need to go in the end, so why not? QB is everything. A WR or pass rusher can’t make the difference that a QB would.

Next years QB class sucks. If the Falcons want to trade Kirk they easily could and some team would gladly help pay for part of that contract. Raiders would gladly do that with their shit QB room, if Levis bombs the Titans would gladly do it. Hell the Giants would gladly do it bc Jones and Lock aren’t good. They can get a 2nd or 3rd back as well.

I was a fan of Ruke and Dorlus. Lord knows they needed DL help.

Again Odunze or a tackle or pass rusher won’t make a big enough difference like Penix could. Settling with Kirk winning the division as your SB is weak shit
I didn't understand the Falcons draft hate either. Drafting a QB you REALLY like when you're in a position to actually do so and letting them learn and develop for a year or two behind a really good QB has generally paid dividends for teams like Green Bay, the Chiefs, and Niners (Steve Young/Montana) who all had aging great QB's. Cousins will get them in or close to the playoffs, so they aren't going to be that high up again for awhile. It was a smart move if they feel that strongly about Penix.
[Reply]
Up