ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 13
« First < 3910111213
Nzoner's Game Room>Pellet Grills
Buehler445 10:13 AM 05-08-2019
My old LP grill is to the point where it needs parts or needs to go. The wife is thinking a pellet grill might be better for her to use.

I thought there was a thread on here about them, but the one I could dig up is over a decade old.

What are you guys running these days? Pros/Cons?

I don't know much about anything except Traegers and people I know have had trouble with them.

I'd PROBABLY be leaving it outside so I'd need a cover for it.
[Reply]
srvy 05:44 PM 06-20-2024
Originally Posted by 2bikemike:
I love mine as well, The only bummer is you have to be at the smoker to start it now. No more starting it up from my truck or boat!
Yeah the app update screwed us on that one. I guess a safety issue killed it.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 07:56 AM 06-21-2024
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
can you give me a link on your model?
I bought mine on Amazon $299

https://www.ninjakitchen.com/product...er-zidOG66UPG1

It electric but you add a handful of pellets to give it the smoke flavor. Super simple to use. Nothing to light , no propane. Just push a button

[Reply]
displacedinMN 09:11 AM 06-21-2024
that is the one I was looking at
right price and size
[Reply]
RedandGold 09:15 AM 06-21-2024
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I just have the smoke. No fancy WiFi but it’s good and reliable.

I’m sure there are cheaper options but I don’t **** around. Thermoworks gets my vote.
I have the Smoke as well, and it gets heavy use. Picked up the Gateway when it was on sale (around half price, I think), and it gives me wi-fi capability if I want to use it. The regular wireless receiver has good range that covers what I need within the house.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 09:24 AM 06-21-2024
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
I bought mine on Amazon $299

https://www.ninjakitchen.com/product...er-zidOG66UPG1

It electric but you add a handful of pellets to give it the smoke flavor. Super simple to use. Nothing to light , no propane. Just push a button

That's not really a smoker. He said he was smoking at over 300 degrees. It really just a air fryer with a smoke option.

For about $50 more could buy a Weber Kettle with a Spider 22 pellet attachment.

https://www.spidergrills.com/product...pellet-adapter

[Reply]
tooge 09:24 AM 06-21-2024
I have a Grilla OG. Love it. To be honest, i get better bark on my weber smokey mountain though
[Reply]
RedandGold 11:07 AM 06-21-2024
Originally Posted by tooge:
I have a Grilla OG. Love it. To be honest, i get better bark on my weber smokey mountain though
It’s tough to beat a WSM. Mine is still going strong after years of abuse, and it’s really the only thing keeping me from shelling out the cash to try Weber’s new Searwood.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 03:21 PM 06-21-2024
Originally Posted by Abba-Dabba:
That's not really a smoker. He said he was smoking at over 300 degrees. It really just a air fryer with a smoke option.

For about $50 more could buy a Weber Kettle with a Spider 22 pellet attachment.

https://www.spidergrills.com/product...pellet-adapter

Uh, yeah, it's a smoker. I'll have mine delivered tomorrow and plan to test it out Sunday. I'll report.
[Reply]
ChiefsHawk 03:29 PM 06-21-2024
Originally Posted by Abba-Dabba:
I would say that is too small as well. RecTeq, Camp Chef, Pit Boss are all going to be about the same. I'd probably lean Camp Chef but, throw them up and catch one. He may need to at least double his budget to get something more worthwhile though.
RecTeq is leaps and bounds better then those including Traeger
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 07:47 PM 06-21-2024
Originally Posted by ChiefsHawk:
RecTeq is leaps and bounds better then those including Traeger
Eh, doesn't matter to me. I'm a stick burner.

I've heard some good things about the Woodwind Pro though. But in my mind if I'm paying $1,500 for RecTeq or Camp Chef, $2500 isn't that far off for something like the Lone Star.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 07:51 PM 06-21-2024
Originally Posted by tooge:
I have a old WSM and an old elctric smoker that I'm going to set out at the curb tomorrow for someone to take. I give it 30mins to an hour before both is gone.
[Reply]
Page 13 of 13
« First < 3910111213
Up