ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 368 of 368
« First < 268318358364365366367368
Nzoner's Game Room>Space Exploration megathread
DaFace 09:40 AM 06-01-2014
Since a number of cool things are happening in space exploration these days, we'll widen the scope of this thread a smidge. Conversation about all things space exploration are welcome, whether it be from NASA, SpaceX, ULA, Blue Origin, or anyone else. Chances are most of the discussion will still be about SpaceX since they love to make things public and fun, but nothing's off limits. I'll eventually get around to modifying the OP to include resources for other companies too, but in the meantime, feel free to post any cool stuff you run across.

Lists of Upcoming Missions

Spoiler!

How to Watch a Live Launch
Spoiler!

Where to Learn More
Spoiler!

Glossary
Spoiler!

[Reply]
GeorgeZimZam 09:13 AM 06-08-2024

Super Heavy landing burn and soft splashdown in the Gulf of Mexico pic.twitter.com/lnjCSk2Cz6

— SpaceX (@SpaceX) June 8, 2024

Super Heavy landing burn and soft splashdown in the Gulf of Mexico pic.twitter.com/lnjCSk2Cz6

— SpaceX (@SpaceX) June 8, 2024

[Reply]
Donger 01:50 PM 06-08-2024
Originally Posted by GeorgeZimZam:

WOW!!!
[Reply]
Donger 01:51 PM 06-08-2024

Starship reentering like a meteor pic.twitter.com/YjfVIHLLCl

— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) June 6, 2024

[Reply]
GeorgeZimZam 08:11 PM 06-11-2024

Engine ignition and liftoff of Starship on Flight 4 as seen from the launch tower pic.twitter.com/4UmeAmKxRT

— SpaceX (@SpaceX) June 12, 2024

Spoiler!

Flight 5 as soon as early to mid July?!

BREAKING: Elon Musk talks about Starship during his gaming stream on 𝕏

-Flight 5 in about a month, after replacing the heatshield on the ship with a new tile twice as strong.
-Ablative protection underneath will act as secondary heatshield layer.
-Starship to Mars in 3 years.
pic.twitter.com/hw16ycvzSI

— See You On Mars (@SeeYouOnMars_) June 10, 2024

It will be bonkers down here for the inaugural Mechazilla catch of a Starship Booster stage. Fingers crossed for Flight 5/Booster 12.

Sometime in the very near future, the Mechazilla launch pad will catch Starship’s Super Heavy booster — 230 feet tall and 440,000lbs — with mechanical arms. The arms are called “chopsticks” and it’s going to glorious. https://t.co/ahQSRf9hw3 pic.twitter.com/mHyg0nVLly

— Trung Phan (@TrungTPhan) June 9, 2024

[Reply]
Donger 11:18 AM 06-13-2024
Originally Posted by GeorgeZimZam:

Spoiler!

Flight 5 as soon as early to mid July?!

It will be bonkers down here for the inaugural Mechazilla catch of a Starship Booster stage. Fingers crossed for Flight 5/Booster 12.

I think they should try an actual landing before trying the chopsticks...

:-)

Hadn't heard this until today:

Next would come a ship engine cutoff and a nominal Suborbital insertion, Meaning Ship 29 hit the correct trajectory. Shortly after, Booster 11 would start up the inner 13 engines for an initial landing burn before switching to the inner three.

However, just after ignition, Engine 8 in the inner ring of 10 exploded, but the booster kept on going.

On one of the feeds, I saw a bunch of crap flying up from SH. Guess it was engine bits.
[Reply]
MagicHef 01:50 PM 06-13-2024
Originally Posted by Donger:
I think they should try an actual landing before trying the chopsticks...

:-)

Hadn't heard this until today:

Next would come a ship engine cutoff and a nominal Suborbital insertion, Meaning Ship 29 hit the correct trajectory. Shortly after, Booster 11 would start up the inner 13 engines for an initial landing burn before switching to the inner three.

However, just after ignition, Engine 8 in the inner ring of 10 exploded, but the booster kept on going.

On one of the feeds, I saw a bunch of crap flying up from SH. Guess it was engine bits.
Booster can't land, it doesn't have legs. It's either pretend land over the ocean (which it just did), or chopsticks.
[Reply]
Donger 01:58 PM 06-13-2024
Originally Posted by MagicHef:
Booster can't land, it doesn't have legs. It's either pretend land over the ocean (which it just did), or chopsticks.
Oh crap yeah. I forgot.
[Reply]
Page 368 of 368
« First < 268318358364365366367368
Up