ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 70 of 70
« First < 20606667686970
Nzoner's Game Room>*****Official 2024 Royals Season Repository Thread*****
ChiefsCountry 11:36 AM 01-01-2024

Year Two of the Matt Quatraro tenure. Time to take a step up this year. Active in free agency and trades this offseason. A new look pitching rotation and bullpen. Will the young players take the leap up offensively? Bobby Witt extension? New stadium? Will Vinny recover from injury? Salvy taking aim at the Royals record book? Will Cole Ragans turn into the best Royals starting pitcher since Greinke 1.0?

Free Agents/Trades Acquisitions
Seth Lugo, SP
Michael Wacha, SP
Kyle Wright, SP
Hunter Renfroe, OF/DH
Will Smith, RP
Chris Stratton, RP
Nick Anderson, RP
Adam Frazier, 2B
Garrett Hampson, INF/OF
Matt Sauer, RP
[Reply]
dlphg9 02:07 PM Yesterday
We probably win with Singer pitching today.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 02:09 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
We probably win with Singer pitching today.
His career ERA at Minnesota is over 9.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:29 PM Yesterday
Any early rumblings on who the Royals are looking at? Saw they were going to be buyers this go around.
[Reply]
BWillie 04:58 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish:
This gem was posted on May 28, 2024 during the 5th inning of a game that ended with the possible lead/winning run at the plate in the top of the 9th. With one of the best players in MLB at the plate.

I post the quote to demonstrate that the quoted poster is an absolute bitch.

After the Royals lose 3 straight after winning 8 straight. Oh and that 3 game losing streak? Over.

[Reply]
Al Bundy 06:20 PM Yesterday
Blake Mitchell is starting to hit.
[Reply]
Great Expectations 06:30 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch:
Any early rumblings on who the Royals are looking at? Saw they were going to be buyers this go around.
I would guess bullpen help.
[Reply]
jerryaldini 03:18 AM Today
Originally Posted by GabyKeepsMeWarm:
Lugo has been an absolute marvel. Anyone wanna do the work to find out the last time we had a pitcher who was 9-1? Without looking, I’d say maybe Appier in ‘95 or maybe Saberhagen in ‘87? For all I know, we may never have had a pitcher start the season 9-1.

But more than Lugo, to finally have a competent rotation is great. Hell, we’ve got one of the best rotations in the entire league, and that’s gonna keep us in the hunt all year. Nice knowing we have Lynch and Bubic perhaps waiting in the wings if anyone gets hurt and we won’t have a significant drop off.

If this continues, I’ll shoot my shot and say this will go down as the best rotation in KC history.
It was Saberhagen in 1987. He went to 12-2 with a 2.25 ERA at the time. Finished 18-10.
[Reply]
dlphg9 07:03 AM Today
Originally Posted by jerryaldini:
It was Saberhagen in 1987. He went to 12-2 with a 2.25 ERA at the time. Finished 18-10.
God damn, have you looked at his game logs for that year?

13 complete games, 21 games of 8+ innings pitched, 25 games of 7+ innings. He only went less than 6 innings two times.

Sabes had one hell of a 3 year stretch from 1987 to 1989. This was his yearly avg through that stretch:

34 starts - 18 wins - 12 complete games - 3 shut outs - 260 innings pitched - 1.130 WHIP - 176 strikeouts - 52 walks - 0.7 HR/9 innings - 3.10 ERA

He was so damn good for a decent stretch, but those 3 consecutive years he was at his best. He didn't have the massive strikeout numbers, but the guy didn't walk anyone.
[Reply]
Ocotillo 09:02 AM Today

I'm not sure if anyone ever talked to Sal Perez about his 2021, but I'd love to know if he was just full-on "screw it, grip it and rip it" mode that year.

48 HR when he's never had 28 in any other year.
170 K when he's only once topped 120 in any other year. pic.twitter.com/dWpb8ExYQQ

— Mike Petriello (@mike_petriello) May 31, 2024

[Reply]
Ocotillo 09:33 AM Today
Baseball America thinks the Royals are going to take another prep player in its latest mock draft.

https://www.baseballamerica.com/stor...aa-tournament/

6. Royals — Bryce Rainer, SS, Harvard-Westlake HS, Studio City, Calif.

The Royals have had the most smoke about a prep player of any of the other teams picking inside the top 10. Earlier in the spring Konnor Griffin was the name frequently mentioned with them, though over the last week or so I’ve heard that Rainer might be both the preferred target for Kansas City and more likely to be the first high school hitter off the board.

There are cases for both Griffin and Rainer as the top high school player in the class—the two are ranked back-to-back on the BA board—but model-heavy teams might prefer Griffin due to the fact that he’s nearly a full year younger than Rainer. Rainer does have the lefthanded hitting shortstop profile from Southern California, however, and you probably wouldn’t have to fight too hard to convince scouts that demographic has a better success rate than a prep hitter from Mississippi.

I’ve not heard this specifically, but would anyone be shocked if new scouting director Brian Bridges went after a prep pitcher he really liked in this spot? Given his track record with that demographic I’m not sure I would be—though it could simply be too early for that here at six given the talent available.

[Reply]
Ocotillo 09:45 AM Today
MLB Pipeline mock from Jonathan Mayo.

https://www.mlb.com/news/mlb-pipelin...draft-coverage

6. Royals: Nick Kurtz, 1B, Wake Forest (No. 4)
He shook off a slow start and now has 22 homers and a 1.327 OPS for the year. Who wouldn’t want to see him in a lineup with Bobby Witt Jr.?

[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 10:01 AM Today
ESPN'S Kiley McDaniel's mock

6. Kansas City Royals
Braden Montgomery, RF, Texas A&M

K.C. has been tied to almost every player in the top 10. I think they'd also take any of the first four projected picks if they get to this spot. They've also been linked to the top prep bats -- Bryce Rainer and Konnor Griffin -- but I think those are secondary choices. For later picks, the Royals have been tied to almost every prep pitcher in the draft, so I have a good chuckle whenever I get a phone call that another one comes up tied to them.
[Reply]
Page 70 of 70
« First < 20606667686970
Up