ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 9
« First < 56789
Media Center>The new Dune 2 trailer may very well be the best trailer for a movie I've ever seen
Fat Elvis 09:08 PM 12-12-2023

I really liked the first installment, and the previous trailers for Dune 2 were good, but my jaw hit the floor watching this one....
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:25 PM 05-23-2024
Originally Posted by Frazod:
You'll have to let me know if being forewarned about the massive butchery made it better or worse.

Good call on Pugh as Irulan. Irulan is supposed to be some 10+ shit hot galactic goddess, and Chani while pretty, is more of a bony Plain Jane. Zendaya is hotter than Pugh in every conceivable way. You know who would have made a good Chani? Daisy Ridley. Oh irony. :-)
I was able to compartmentalize it.

I honestly thought it would be a pretty late heel turn of sorts. So I wasn't looking for it and had it largely out of mind when they just kinda start beating you over the head with it.

It's just frustrating. Not even 'oh look, grlpwr again, I'm I right fellas" but mostly that the story of Paul and Chani is as critical to the first two stories as anything in it and it gets sidelined hard. Maybe irreparably.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:28 PM 05-23-2024
And hell, they had an actress that could've killed as Irulan - Lea Seydoux. But she's probably a little too old at this point.

Young Lea would've been NAILS in the role.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 10:09 PM 05-23-2024
You'll have to let me know if being forewarned about the massive butchery made it better or worse.

Good call on Pugh as Irulan. Irulan is supposed to be some 10+ shit hot galactic goddess, and Chani while pretty, is more of a bony Plain Jane. Zendaya is hotter than Pugh in every conceivable way. You know who would have made a good Chani? Daisy Ridley. Oh irony. :-)
Disagree with you there Zendaya looks like a Samoan boy to me. Pugh overtakes her no question
[Reply]
Frazod 10:44 PM 05-23-2024
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Disagree with you there Zendaya looks like a Samoan boy to me. Pugh overtakes her no question
Neither one of them exactly blows me away. But I do think Zendaya is prettier (mainly because I prefer brunettes) although she does sadly seem to have the rack of Samoan boy.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:00 AM 05-24-2024
Neither one of them exactly blows me away. But I do think Zendaya is prettier (mainly because I prefer brunettes) although she does sadly seem to have the rack of Samoan boy.
Pugh is far plainer, IMO. Sort of an ordinary cute girl; not terribly likely to turn my head to be honest. Attractive, wouldn't say no, but nothing that really stands out.

Zendaya's features are far more striking, IMO. I'd almost certainly take a genuine double-take if I saw her.

But neither are Irulan in my eyes.

I mean I don't even find Anya Taylor-Joy very attractive, but she has that kind of angular and almost delicate look that I envision with Irulan.
[Reply]
KCUnited 06:53 AM 05-26-2024
Rebecca Ferguson with the Florida rapper look would still get it

I enjoyed it but know nothing of the story outside of the first movie
[Reply]
Zebedee DuBois 04:15 PM 05-27-2024
I read Dune when I was 13-14 years old. Any brain cells dedicated to any info of the storylines were assigned to brain cells that were later sacrificed to my discovery of alcohol a few years later.

I have no expectations along storyline details - my only criteria is : Am I entertained?

Part 1: Heck ya, I was entertained. Classic story lines, compelling character performances.
Part 2: Maybe 75% of previous entertainment level. Still good performances, but story plods a bit.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 9
« First < 56789
Up