ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Nzoner's Game Room>What is worst, craziest, rudest….
GabyKeepsMeWarm 08:17 PM 06-23-2024
Let’s talk travel.

What is the weirdest, funniest, scariest, goofiest, most dangerous, rudest, strangest travel experience you’ve ever had? Could be an experience two towns away at a gas station or WalMart, or maybe it’s something wacky internationally or maybe just some big city here in the US.

I’ve got a few weird stories in the holster, but let’s hear yours. Go!
[Reply]
Lzen 07:29 AM Yesterday
Originally Posted by RollChiefsRoll:
Went to watch the Chiefs play the Pats in Foxborough in 2018 and every person there was a ****ing douchebag.
This is actually a very believable story.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:50 AM Yesterday
Originally Posted by GabyKeepsMeWarm:
Does nobody travel?
I traveled the world from 1979-1985. Posted a couple of weeks ago......

At 25, I’m in Jerusalem in the old city. Circa 1984. The Arab part of the old city. The Israelis patrolled the area to make sure the tourists didn’t go into the Arab quarter. I wanted to go in there. Went to the top of David’s tower and figured out a path through the Israeli soldiers.

It worked I’m in taking some pictures. I see a real old man leading a donkey through some of the old arches and took the pic. He was pissed. Starting yelling at me flying his arms about etc. a group of young men were suddenly by me. I’m saying all I did was take his picture. They said something to the effect the old man wants $100. I told them to fuck off turned to leave and got busted in the head with something and the fights on.

I took out 2-3 before they got me on the ground kicking the shit out of me. I was thinking laying on the ground getting the shit kicked out of me that this was a stupid way to die. About that time the Israeli patrol had heard the commotion and came to investigate. The attackers scattered and the Israelis got me off the ground and outta the Arab quarter.

Didn’t get into any trouble because I got my ass kicked I'd probably not do that again. Went to the hospital and I had a perforated stomach, burnished kidneys and a concussion.

Within a month I was back in the states. Decided I wanted to live, have a family, fall in love and raise the kids.

33 years later I’m still madly in love with my wife. Son is in NYC pursing his dreams. And now, I’m retired comfortable enough. Wife retires in 3 weeks. Time to show her the world as just a regular tourist doing tourist things.

And yes, I still have that picture of the old man in Jerusalem.
[Reply]
excessive 08:10 AM Yesterday
Any crazy, rude, worst travel experience I have had has always centered on my wife. She has anger issues, and once triggered will lose sanity for about 20 minutes or so before she returns to normal. When it happens while driving, she road rages. So, as a rule, I do all the driving while we are on vacation. Every time an exception has been made to that rule, I have a new story to tell.

One time, we were making the trip across Kansas to the Rocky Mountains. Five or so hours in, I needed a break, so an exception was made. We were in a Chrysler Concorde, a big, old, road-eating sedan, heading west on I-70. I was chillin' in the back with our son, who was 4 or 5 at the time, watching videos on a laptop. Then, we got stuck behind a semi in the left lane going the speed limit.

We were directly behind the truck, and a stream of traffic was passing us on the right to get past the slow moving semi. It was never ending, and we were stuck, unable to get free and pass the truck. It seemed interminable. I could see and hear the frustration building in the front seat. More minutes passed. You could feel the anger building.

After what seemed an eternity but was probably like 10 minutes or so, an opening showed up. She punched the gas, made the lane change, and was finally past the semi. Except, she didn't slow down once clear. Instead, the car kept accelerating, going faster and faster until the Concorde finally topped out. The next twenty minutes was sheer, back seat terror, 100+ mph on a busy I-70, moving in and out of traffic with no sign of slowing down. Nothing I could say or do could break through the road rage. I could only hold on and hope for the best.

After twenty minutes of terror, the car finally began to slow, and my wife turned around, calm and normal once again, and with a smile on her face said, "Made good time, didn't we?"

Next week, we go on vacation again. We are flying into Chicago, spending a couple days doing museums and driving to Michigan to see our son, who is now all grown up, married, and has probably forgotten that car ride across Kansas twenty plus years ago.

Time may have passed, but the anger issues are still there. I have more stories to tell. And now, she has asked to be put on the rental as a driver for the upcoming trip. I'll probably let her, for convenience sake, but I'll try my damnedest to keep my hands on the wheel. I know only one thing, though, that car won't be a Lamborghini.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 09:58 AM Yesterday
Lots of examples come to mind where I get severe second hand embarrassment for other US travelers abroad. We seem to love to make an ass of ourselves.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 10:19 AM Yesterday
Crave the Johnson incoming....
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 12:14 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
Lots of examples come to mind where I get severe second hand embarrassment for other US travelers abroad. We seem to love to make an ass of ourselves.
Also, people at Yosemite lol
[Reply]
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Up