ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>RB3?
Couch-Potato 08:48 AM 05-07-2024
Is Louis Reese-Zammit our 3rd RB? A recent ESPN article seemingly indicated he's our kick returner and he's been working out with the RBs and preparing for a "versatile role." I assume that means something like a scat-back position, could Zammit be our McKinnon replacement?

or should it be one of the UDFA's? I saw the kid from UCLA mentioned as a FB, but he ran for like 1,500 yards one season. Bailey passes the eye test, seems like the most likely option to me, but what's up with that RAS score?

We were discussing in a thread somewhere but I lost track of which thread lol
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 12:45 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by kozzman555:
I love Pacheco but it seems like we can pickup a RB in late rounds or even UDFA at this point. I'm not 100% sure Burt Vurch will pay him anything, especially considering how many other people are going to need paid. We have a ton of money invested in to Mahomes, Kelce, and Jones already. There's too many other players need contracts at more important positions. Every dollar counts here. I predict we end up letting him walk and maybe sign him as a free agent if the price is right and if our RB room needs him.
Personally, I'd be game for replacing Pacheco with a high draft pick to pair Mahomes with an all around top quality RB. I think our roster is so well built there's not much more to want.

But I'm starting to feel like Pachecco won't demand much on the open market and can be kept for small contract. He's not an all around back, this might be the first year he's a 3rd down back, he's more of a speed guy that fits really well into our offense. If that's the case, I think they'd bring him back.
[Reply]
kozzman555 09:51 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
Personally, I'd be game for replacing Pacheco with a high draft pick to pair Mahomes with an all around top quality RB. I think our roster is so well built there's not much more to want.

But I'm starting to feel like Pachecco won't demand much on the open market and can be kept for small contract. He's not an all around back, this might be the first year he's a 3rd down back, he's more of a speed guy that fits really well into our offense. If that's the case, I think they'd bring him back.
I pounded the table for Devon Achane, but I think Veach has made it clear that after how CEH panned out, he wouldn't be investing a high draft pick in a RB again. When we got CEH, that was the thought process... "Hey our roster is pretty good, we just won a SB, why tf not". And it ended up being a total waste. There were so many other directions that we could have gone that would have been so much more beneficial.

The difference between a good and a great RB isn't that much and it's not worth dumping a high draft pick, plus we are never going to PAY a RB, so even if we were to draft a freaking Barry Sanders, they'd walk after 3 or 4 years anyway. I just see the RB position as having a low ROI compared to pretty much any other position right now. Hell, even if we had Barry Sanders, I don't see teams loading the box to stop the run against us, considering who we have behind the center and calling plays.
[Reply]
Chargem 05:57 AM Today
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
Personally, I think he's already TE3. Who knows if he can push Noah Gray for that 2nd spot, but heck, I was impressed with Gray a few times last year and thought he might have a small breakout season but ultimately didn't result in much. If Wiley supplants Gray as TE2, and produces in yr-1 just as well as Noah did last year, I'd be excited about that trajectory.
Wiley will be better than Gray I think, but Gray had ~37 yards in his first season as a Chief and around 300 last year. The chances of Wiley having 300 yards this year I would say are almost zero. I would be surprised if he gets 100.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up