ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 9
« First < 56789
Nzoner's Game Room>Repair chipped tile or not
lewdog 10:16 AM 06-29-2024
We just had a few rooms of our house done in wood look tile, the job was finished yesterday. I need the brain trust of CP to tell me if I should ask them to fix a small chipped tile spot that we found this morning. Yes, it is small as shown in the zoomed out picture, but it is in the middle of the room. If this was in a corner, I would no doubt let it go.

Also given the cost/labor of this tile job, I expected them to not to have a finished product like this where someone clearly noticed and decided to grout the chip instead of fixing it! I am suspecting that something was dropped on it near the end of the project and since this tile was already set, they didn't want to fuck with it.

My concern is asking them to come rip out this tile and repair it could have it looking worse, correct, messing up the surrounding tiles/grout? Should I even bother with this?

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 06:53 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Got a call today from the installer. Coming Wednesday to repair this tile and probably the one next to it. Getting me another full box of tile to have on hand too in case of future repairs. Very pleasant.
Congrats, Karen! I'm sure this will all be over Wednesday.
[Reply]
lewdog 07:20 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Congrats, Karen! I'm sure this will all be over Wednesday.
Yawn.

Let me know why you’d pay good money to not have a job done right. Good thing you don’t run a business of any kind.
[Reply]
UteChief 08:01 PM Yesterday
Owner called me back. Said it's not a problem to replace the tile and can be done next week. Asked if there are any others they can replaced when they come out (there aren't). Is also going to give me another full box of tile for future replacements/repairs.

Outstanding.
This is how service is done!
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:29 PM Yesterday
Yawn.

Let me know why you’d pay good money to not have a job done right. Good thing you don’t run a business of any kind.
You think I've never been paid for my services. :-)

I assure you, if someone came to me and said the video was half a second too long I'd ignore them.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 10:14 PM Yesterday
Never heard of the flaws in a thing make it beautiful huh?
[Reply]
srvy 11:19 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief:
Never heard of the flaws in a thing make it beautiful huh?
When you buy a new car and you find a flaw, like a bad transmission. Do you take it in for warranty work or just consider it beautiful?
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:25 PM Yesterday
this is a car with a paint chip
[Reply]
srvy 11:26 PM Yesterday
I know my comparison is exaggerated but you get it home find a dent and chip in the paint. What are you going to do with it just off the assembly line? Call it patina and character? Or demand it be made right?
[Reply]
srvy 11:32 PM Yesterday
Myself, I will put my own character into my car, not the assembly line. Did you like it when a thug put a patina into your Murano with rock riprap?
[Reply]
srvy 11:42 PM Yesterday
It's like those dildos who buy a brand new custom Gibson or Fender pre-relict from the factory. You know it for looks not for play. It going to hang on a wall till they tire of it.
[Reply]
Katipan 06:52 AM Today
I think you figure out what CP would do first.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 9
« First < 56789
Up