ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Nzoner's Game Room>A couple of prayer requests
luv 07:15 AM 06-26-2024
My cousin's daughter, her name is Emma and she's 19, went to Urgent Care with the flu late last week, and she also had swelling in her arms. Upon her third time in when the swelling wouldn't go down, the doctor there called an ambulance for her. It's a rare occurrence where the flu virus directly targeted her heart. She had a heart pump put it, but had to have it taken out the following day due to blood leakage. She is currently in a coma.

Also, and hopefully less urgent, my mom, Janet, went to the hospital this morning due to not being able to breathe. Her PCP diagnosed her as having bronchitis on Monday, but it turns out that she has fluid build up around her lungs. She has cardiomyopathy (enlarged heart), and it is in a state where they can't risk putting her under for any type of surgical procedure.

Thanks.
[Reply]
Otter 05:21 AM 06-27-2024
Done and hang in there Luv.
[Reply]
Otisisadog 05:22 AM 06-27-2024
Prayers sent.
[Reply]
Katipan 05:58 AM 06-27-2024
I'm so sorry, Luv. ❤️
[Reply]
luv 07:07 AM 06-27-2024
Thanks, all.

I have not gotten any further update on Emma.

Regarding my mom, even though her kidney count is low, she opted for the lasix drip (which is hard on your kidneys) over localized surgery. She had a doctor tell her no anesthetic a long time ago, so she has said "I can't have surgery (of any nature)" ever since. She's cold natured, but the other lady in her room was getting too warm. Mom doesn't like a lot of blankets, so along with getting up to pee every half hour last night, she said she's going to end up coming down with pneumonia with how cold they had it, even though an extra blanket would have helped. I guess, at the very least, her complaining shows that she's still herself...lol.
[Reply]
kcgreene 07:46 AM 06-27-2024
Originally Posted by luv:
Thanks, all.

I have not gotten any further update on Emma.

Regarding my mom, even though her kidney count is low, she opted for the lasix drip (which is hard on your kidneys) over localized surgery. She had a doctor tell her no anesthetic a long time ago, so she has said "I can't have surgery (of any nature)" ever since. She's cold natured, but the other lady in her room was getting too warm. Mom doesn't like a lot of blankets, so along with getting up to pee every half hour last night, she said she's going to end up coming down with pneumonia with how cold they had it, even though an extra blanket would have helped. I guess, at the very least, her complaining shows that she's still herself...lol.
I have a relative it's the same exact way. If they're complaining, that's how you know everything is on the up and up.

Is her issue quantity of blankets or weight? If it's quantity, you may want to consider bringing in a personal blanket or something thicker perhaps for her if you have anything, especially compared to how thin some hospital blankets are. (I'm sure you've thought of this already, I just know that when I have a lot of stresses on my mind that I sometimes overlook the simpler things)

Hang in there luv *Said in a horrible british accent*
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up