Page 3 of 3
< 123
Nzoner's Game Room>NBA 2024-2025 Off-season Thread
Al Bundy 11:13 AM 06-30-2024
Free Agency starts at 6 PM ET 6-30.
[Reply]
BWillie 02:14 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Missed this earlier. He's going to start.
I don't think he will. Anytime Chet is out IHart will be in but I dont foresee them playing side by side with each other more than 12 minutes a game.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 02:58 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
Clay to the Mavs. I think that is a terrible signing. He's washed.

Never thought I'd see him in a different uniform. That is going to be weird
I don’t know man. I think this is the one spot it makes quite a bit of sense. He can’t create his own shots anymore or even sprint to a spot, but all Dallas needed last year was a kickout option. And to get hot at times. That would’ve made a huge difference on a team that apart from pj Washington going berzerk for no good reason, needs some outside shooting
[Reply]
dirk digler 04:46 PM Yesterday
I am sad to see Klay go. He definitely got into his feelings and wanted a change of scenery. One of all time favorite players and I hope he can get back his shooting touch.

Thanks for everything Klay!
[Reply]
ChiefsFan88 05:00 PM Yesterday
Celtics give Tatum a 314 million 5 year contract which is the largest contract in NBA history, what a dumb contract, he is not worth 314 million and I do not care that he won a championship either
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 05:03 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
I don’t know man. I think this is the one spot it makes quite a bit of sense. He can’t create his own shots anymore or even sprint to a spot, but all Dallas needed last year was a kickout option. And to get hot at times. That would’ve made a huge difference on a team that apart from pj Washington going berzerk for no good reason, needs some outside shooting
That's true. He will help there. He does address that need and if that is all they were signing him for then it is okay. I'm not familiar enough with the NBA salary cap to say whether the price is too much or not.

Defensively, though, he's not what he once was. Luka and Kyrie - that's both not their strength so they still have an issue with that. And of course (3-year deal) as he gets older, can he stay healthy?

So we will see. I definitely could be wrong but as of right now I'm not a huge fan of it.
[Reply]
BWillie 05:20 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by ChiefsFan88:
Celtics give Tatum a 314 million 5 year contract which is the largest contract in NBA history, what a dumb contract, he is not worth 314 million and I do not care that he won a championship either
Hes a Top 5 NBA player. You pay him and dont think twice.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 05:22 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Hes a Top 5 NBA player. You pay him and dont think twice.
You gotta pay him but he’s nowhere close to a top 5 player in the NBA and I think that was pretty solidly established even in the NBA Finals we just watched where he wasn’t even a top 2 player in the series.
[Reply]
Al Bundy 05:55 PM Yesterday

The Mavericks have sent two second-round picks to the Warriors to complete the Klay Thompson sign-and-trade to Dallas, sources said.

— Shams Charania (@ShamsCharania) July 1, 2024

[Reply]
BWillie 07:17 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
You gotta pay him but he’s nowhere close to a top 5 player in the NBA and I think that was pretty solidly established even in the NBA Finals we just watched where he wasn’t even a top 2 player in the series.
Maybe Top 5 is a bit high but Id put him at 7 to 10.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 08:56 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I don't think he will. Anytime Chet is out IHart will be in but I dont foresee them playing side by side with each other more than 12 minutes a game.
You could be right, but I love the versatility either way. The Thunder didn't have "that" guy; now they do. It makes everyone on the team better.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:04 PM Yesterday
The Thunder are going to be really tough next year if they stay healthy, and if Chet makes a big jump? Yikes.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 05:40 AM Today
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
That's true. He will help there. He does address that need and if that is all they were signing him for then it is okay. I'm not familiar enough with the NBA salary cap to say whether the price is too much or not.

Defensively, though, he's not what he once was. Luka and Kyrie - that's both not their strength so they still have an issue with that. And of course (3-year deal) as he gets older, can he stay healthy?

So we will see. I definitely could be wrong but as of right now I'm not a huge fan of it.
Yeah on defense he’s become a complete liability. This is purely about streak shooting. As long as you got Luka out there think you gotta just embrace putting up a lot of points with less defense.
[Reply]
Buehler445 06:10 AM Today
Celtics ownership putting a majority stake of the team up for sale.

Woah.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...majority-stake
[Reply]
dirk digler 10:39 AM Today
Kind of surprised by this.

BREAKING: Cleveland Cavaliers All-Star guard Donovan Mitchell has agreed on a three-year, $150.3 million maximum contract extension that includes a player option for the 2027-2028 season, sources tell ESPN. pic.twitter.com/Vu6QXGyK57

— Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) July 2, 2024

[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up