ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 61 of 61
« First < 11515758596061
Nzoner's Game Room>**** Official 2023-24 NHL Thread ****
RockChalk 08:49 AM 09-27-2023
Time to reboot for the upcoming season.

Anyone interested in doing a fun (or even low cost $25) Fantasy NHL League?
[Reply]
mlyonsd 08:39 PM Yesterday
I wished I owned a bar in EDM tonight. $$$
[Reply]
Tundra Scout 08:41 PM Yesterday
Oilers only had 10 shots on net. That is crazy considering the firepower they have
[Reply]
Tundra Scout 08:42 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by mlyonsd:
I wished I owned a bar in EDM tonight. $$$
And I wish I was there
[Reply]
Bearcat 08:42 PM Yesterday
That was satisfying... DeBoer got DeBoer'd, and by the freakin' Oilers of all teams.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 12:06 AM Today
Yep I told ya'll it was a very bad sign for Dallas that the Oilers powerplay looked back to goat form in the last game and when that's the case it can disturb a team mentally. When my VGK faced them at their peak the key was dominating them 5 on 5 and staying out of the box as much as possible. We lost heavily the two games we didn't. But the longer the series went the more we shut it down and once we did that you could see the Oilers get deflated. This is gonna be crucial for Florida. You can't let that power play dictate the series at all.

As for Dallas LOL. I shake my head and shiver thinking about how we used to suffer like this under Deboar. His power play went close to twenty straight without scoring? Yep, I know that feeling very well. And we got to two conference finals in a row too only to come up short. He's literally the NHL version of Andy Reid before he got Pat. It's hilarious tbh. Our series against them they had the puck luck but we definitely took something out of them and so did the AVS. I'm happy the Oilers won and it's amazing when you think about how the season started for them.

The finals should be close. When we played Florida last finals they were dumb and kept trying to bully us which gave up a ton of penalties which we punished them with. So it will be very interesting to see how they approach this one as they are naturally a physical team.
[Reply]
Tundra Scout 07:41 AM Today
This series should be starting Thursday not Saturday
[Reply]
tredadda 07:51 AM Today
Originally Posted by Tundra Scout:
Oilers only had 10 shots on net. That is crazy considering the firepower they have
Probably because they were trying to not lose vs going all out. That was actually a pretty solid strategy.
[Reply]
Bearcat 08:19 AM Today
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:

The finals should be close. When we played Florida last finals they were dumb and kept trying to bully us which gave up a ton of penalties which we punished them with. So it will be very interesting to see how they approach this one as they are naturally a physical team.
They seemed to get over that after the Bruins series, but of course with Tkachuk and others, it's always there. Same for the Oilers, who have yet to completely implode under the weight of stupidity by Kane and Nurse... but who knows what happens when either team gets down a few goals.

Yeah, it's interesting because it's really tough to trust the Oilers to continue playing at this level and similar for the Panthers who have at least made the Finals... yet now, as opposed to playing against a team with a proven track record of playing a clean series where you trust their opponent to take care of business, they're playing each other.
[Reply]
Bearcat 08:24 AM Today
Originally Posted by Tundra Scout:
This series should be starting Thursday not Saturday
Mavs/Celtics play Thursday and Sunday, so they're probably avoiding that, whether it was starting Thursday or starting Friday and then Sunday. And then they can also line up an extra day off for travel while the NBA plays the following Wednesday instead of going Sat/Mon/Wed.

Sucks for me since I probably won't be near a TV for games 6 or 7... I had done the playoff math a couple weeks ago and it looked like the series would be over just in time. I'd be mildly surprised if it doesn't go at least 6.
[Reply]
Page 61 of 61
« First < 11515758596061
Up