ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 367 of 367
« First < 267317357363364365366367
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official Car and Gearhead Thread***
BigRedChief 12:29 PM 03-17-2015
Seems like we need one on here to talk cars, mods and the coolness of your or their car.

Interested? Chime in
[Reply]
Marcellus 01:00 PM 05-31-2024
Originally Posted by ToxSocks:
Ha.

We gotta use those in the shop all the time. Especially with some of the Optimas are any of the non-mainstream specialty batteries.

Optimas are totally pieces of shit btw. Don't care what anyone says. Had more of those things go flat on us than any other battery.

A lot of these aftermarket electronics that are meant to have very minimal draw, will still draw enough to kill a battery over time.

Most recently we had a car that kept killing batteries and figured out it was the Remote Proximity Keyless Entry. Faulty control module. It was always searching for a signal (as it's suppose to) but the draw was too high.

But yeah...what's this winterizing shit? LOL
Yup Optimas are shit. I killed 2 of them before I went to a Duracell.

I have an RFID keyfob w/ pushbutton start, and a programmable smart harness that will kill a battery in about a week to 10 days if I don't put a charger on it or use the battery disconnect in the trunk. I think its doing the same type thing looking for a signal all the time or something.
[Reply]
Marcellus 01:02 PM 05-31-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
They're here!!!

I'm pretty damn stoked to get this project moving after several years of dicking around with it. Lord these things are slick.
Nothing like new upgrades to get you pumped up again.
[Reply]
Page 367 of 367
« First < 267317357363364365366367
Up