ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Nzoner's Game Room>*****Official Formula 1 Thread*******
DJ's left nut 11:11 AM 09-22-2024
Originally Posted by ReynardMuldrake:
Nice race by Lando today, but the commentary was atrocious. They confused the Ferrari cars more than once, Kravitz said that Piastri was on 33-year-old tires, and Crofty praised Piastri for undercutting the Mercedes as we watched him pull out behind them. Somebody praised Franco for scoring a point from P11. And when one of the drivers said the car was a sauna, Kravitz [?] said "Actually, it's more of a steam room." The fuck you think a sauna is?
This was the race LeClerc should've had last week. I don't understand why they didn't have him push in the first segment and push that gap out to 10-12 seconds of Piastri.

Instead they played the tire game, left the gap around 6-7 seconds before they got undercut (which pulled it down to 4ish) and then LeClerc had a miserable out lap that put Piastri in position to try that pass.

All of that came from them being too passive in the 1st segment. We know these tires are showing better deg rates than teams are expecting. And today Norris just said "Fine - I'm gonna drive the damn things hard and build my gap..."

Teams should've been doing that the last 8-10 races since we really learned these Pirellis are durable as hell.
[Reply]
Up