ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 85 of 85
« First < 35758182838485
Nzoner's Game Room>*****Official 2024 Royals Season Repository Thread*****
ChiefsCountry 11:36 AM 01-01-2024

Year Two of the Matt Quatraro tenure. Time to take a step up this year. Active in free agency and trades this offseason. A new look pitching rotation and bullpen. Will the young players take the leap up offensively? Bobby Witt extension? New stadium? Will Vinny recover from injury? Salvy taking aim at the Royals record book? Will Cole Ragans turn into the best Royals starting pitcher since Greinke 1.0?

Free Agents/Trades Acquisitions
Seth Lugo, SP
Michael Wacha, SP
Kyle Wright, SP
Hunter Renfroe, OF/DH
Will Smith, RP
Chris Stratton, RP
Nick Anderson, RP
Adam Frazier, 2B
Garrett Hampson, INF/OF
Matt Sauer, RP
[Reply]
Al Bundy 06:53 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
I think I'm sold on trying to trade for Jazz Chisholm.

It's not just a buy for this season - this is a buy for this season and the next two beyond it.

Trade cost is generally viewed as one top 100 prospect and another prospect in a team's top 10 prospects, though the top 100 prospects I've seen connected in trade scenarios for him are NOT higher than the top 40.

It helps them a lot this year (and you can hit Chisholm 1, 2, or 3) and gives them a couple of just dynamic pieces to build around.

One of Blake Mitchell, Gavin Cross, or Frank Mozzicato would likely need to be the lead piece, but I'm OK with that idea.
I would be very happy with trading Frank Mozzicato as part of the deal. He is absolute crap.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 09:17 PM Yesterday
Chisholm's injury history is the only reason he's available at that price. Playing the OF full time seems to have helped him a bit.

There's some risk for KC but the upside is pretty high.

And yeah, Mozzicato is the guy I'm trying to sell on now that he has put up some decent numbers. (walks are still too high, Ks aren't high enough to pair with it).
[Reply]
Page 85 of 85
« First < 35758182838485
Up