ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 5
< 12345
Nzoner's Game Room>2024 COPA America Thread
MarkDavis'Haircut 06:01 PM 06-20-2024
Beautiful opening message! I can't believe they opened with a prayer. Love it.

Go USA!

Argentina should beat Canada. I hope they do.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 09:08 PM 06-25-2024
Originally Posted by George Liquor:
It's hot as shit outside. I need to mow so bad.
It probably won't be cooler outside in July in 2026.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 09:24 PM 06-25-2024
Originally Posted by George Liquor:
Did someone just faint because of the heat?

I was at the game and saw the whole thing. I assume it was discussed on TV but it was an offsides ref (not sure the actual title). He was just standing there and suddenly tipped over like a fallen tree. Within a few seconds you could see his arms moving and a few minutes later he was walking. But they made him hop on the stretcher and rolled him out. Certainly could have gotten concussed. He was on the side that was exposed to sun basically the whole first half.
[Reply]
George Liquor 09:27 PM 06-25-2024
That's scary. This heat is no joke right now. I was putting away dishes and came back to them wheeling some poor bastard out on a stretcher.

Hope he is okay.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 09:27 PM 06-25-2024
Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED:
Between the heat and the crowd I’m guessing FIFA is currently second guessing themselves for picking KC for 26.

It was easily 80/20 in favor of Peru. Canada fans definitely didn’t show up. Announced attendance was just under 12k but I’m sure it looked way worst on TV since basically 2 out of 4 sides were in the sun and most people didn’t stay in those seats for long.
[Reply]
George Liquor 04:52 PM Yesterday
All the Vegas sky shots are triggering me.
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 09:04 PM Yesterday
Mexico has to get a win on Sunday vs Ecuador or they are getting grouped out by Ecuador and Venezuela. Venezuela was the lowest ranked squad in the group and they already basically won the group. Pretty impressive showing.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 5
< 12345
Up