ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 6
« First < 23456
Nzoner's Game Room>$16m in Cap Space, are we gonna spend it?
Couch-Potato 12:17 PM 06-24-2024
We let Buggs go and currently have ~$16m in cap space...

Are we gonna spend it?

Who should we spend it on?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:42 PM 06-25-2024
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
The one I'd really like to have back is Khalen Saunders and his 3 year 12 mill deal with the Saints. That guy turned into a really nice player for us in the 22 season.
Sure as hell rather have him than Nnadi.

Would rather have Keondre Coburn as well, for that matter.

I do not get this organization and its Nnadi fascination.
[Reply]
BWillie 03:48 PM 06-25-2024
We are vying for football immortality. A 3-peat. Something that has never been done in the history of the NFL. You don't pocket ANY cap space unless you plan to sign someone to that full or close to it amt mid-season.

Spend the fucking money.
[Reply]
RunKC 04:06 PM 06-25-2024
Spend it on Bolton or Creed extension. Make that first year a bigger cap hit to level off the remaining years in preparation for future signings like McDuffie.

Players available this time of year aren’t ever game changers and if they are it will cost a fortune along with draft picks.

There’s also a reason why the NFL doesn’t have an exciting in season trade period. It’s too expensive and teams aren’t stupid enough to do it.
[Reply]
BWillie 04:11 PM 06-25-2024
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Spend it on Bolton or Creed extension. Make that first year a bigger cap hit to level off the remaining years in preparation for future signings like McDuffie.

Players available this time of year aren’t ever game changers and if they are it will cost a fortune along with draft picks.

There’s also a reason why the NFL doesn’t have an exciting in season trade period. It’s too expensive and teams aren’t stupid enough to do it.
No. Spend it on someone who can help the team THIS year who already isn't on the team.

Go for it.

All in.
[Reply]
RunKC 04:23 PM 06-25-2024
Originally Posted by BWillie:
No. Spend it on someone who can help the team THIS year who already isn't on the team.

Go for it.

All in.
There won’t be guys available who help us. Has-beens, injured players and losers like Kadarius Toney are what’s available this time of year
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:19 PM 06-25-2024
We are vying for football immortality. A 3-peat. Something that has never been done in the history of the NFL. You don't pocket ANY cap space unless you plan to sign someone to that full or close to it amt mid-season.

Spend the fucking money.
the point of rolling it over is to have money to sign Creed, Bolton and Butker next year. But, also sign one right now and lessen cap hits in the future. Better way to spend the money than for a backup DT or RB for this year.
[Reply]
New World Order 07:23 PM 06-25-2024
There won’t be guys available who help us. Has-beens, injured players and losers like Kadarius Toney are what’s available this time of year
Yannick would be nice to have while what's his face is out.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 08:27 AM 06-26-2024

Spend the ****ing money.
I like it!
[Reply]
RunKC 09:11 AM 06-26-2024
Not interested in any of these guys

https://syndication.bleacherreport.c...eason.amp.html
[Reply]
RealSNR 09:57 AM 06-26-2024
Not interested in any of these guys

https://syndication.bleacherreport.c...eason.amp.html
Sign Damar Hamlin so the league will once again smile at us while we rape them
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:27 AM 06-26-2024
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
the point of rolling it over is to have money to sign Creed, Bolton and Butker next year. But, also sign one right now and lessen cap hits in the future. Better way to spend the money than for a backup DT or RB for this year.
If you get it done now, you probably get more flexibility and maybe a slightly lower AAV.

I think Bolton is going to have to test FA. I think he's going to want Warner money and I don't think the market will support that (wouldn't if he were a FA right now, anyway).

Maybe he has a season where he makes a major step forward in space, but that seems unlikely. So I think that makes him a $12-13 million/yr player rather than a $17-18 million/yr player. And I don't think he's going to take that evaluation at face value without testing the market first.

Creed and Butker are guys who should be at the top of their respective markets so those are the guys I'd target this summer. Try to get their deals done now before lesser players push the market up more next off-season. Go ahead and give them the best deal at their position; both guys play positions that age very well. Sign them to 5 year deals if you can manage it and in 2 years those deals will look like screaming bargains.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:28 AM 06-26-2024
Originally Posted by New World Order:
Yannick would be nice to have while what's his face is out.
I don't think we're playing for September or even October anymore.

These guys care how the roster looks in November and beyond. If that costs them the 1 seed, I'm not sure they give a shit. They think they can win any place, any time. And history says they're not wrong.

Nobody out there right now is likely to matter in the post-season. They're fillers, backups and stop-gaps.

I'd use the money to take care of my own.
[Reply]
O.city 11:47 AM 06-26-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
If you get it done now, you probably get more flexibility and maybe a slightly lower AAV.

I think Bolton is going to have to test FA. I think he's going to want Warner money and I don't think the market will support that (wouldn't if he were a FA right now, anyway).

Maybe he has a season where he makes a major step forward in space, but that seems unlikely. So I think that makes him a $12-13 million/yr player rather than a $17-18 million/yr player. And I don't think he's going to take that evaluation at face value without testing the market first.

Creed and Butker are guys who should be at the top of their respective markets so those are the guys I'd target this summer. Try to get their deals done now before lesser players push the market up more next off-season. Go ahead and give them the best deal at their position; both guys play positions that age very well. Sign them to 5 year deals if you can manage it and in 2 years those deals will look like screaming bargains.
I'd guess they go ahead and do that for Bolton. He seems to be the heady smart anchor they want on the defense, so agree or disagree I'd imagine he's a Chief.
[Reply]
O.city 11:48 AM 06-26-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I don't think we're playing for September or even October anymore.

These guys care how the roster looks in November and beyond. If that costs them the 1 seed, I'm not sure they give a shit. They think they can win any place, any time. And history says they're not wrong.

Nobody out there right now is likely to matter in the post-season. They're fillers, backups and stop-gaps.

I'd use the money to take care of my own.
Yeah, I'd prefer to not have to go thru the gauntlet like that again though. The 1 seed is such an advantage with the bye.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 6
« First < 23456
Up