ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 21 of 21
« First < 111718192021
Nzoner's Game Room>***** Official '24/'25 KU Men's Basketball Repository Thread *****
cmh6476 03:08 PM 03-23-2024
The Team:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/roster/

The Schedule:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/schedule/
[Reply]
smithandrew051 04:11 PM 06-05-2024
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
That was fast. A 5th year rotation player from the SEC is definitely an upgrade on Elmarko.

I don't know if we have any room left, but another big would also be nice.
I think we had 1 spot before Elmarko.

Assuming he redshirts, we should have 1 more.

Sure seems like this roster is absolutely loaded with competent players now. That’s nice after the last couple years.
[Reply]
BWillie 04:55 PM 06-05-2024
If he can play defense as touted I am happy.
[Reply]
Al Czervik 08:17 PM 06-05-2024
Tough break for Elmarko. Best wishes for a speedy recovery and coming back next year!!!
[Reply]
rfaulk34 08:24 PM 06-05-2024
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Jaxson Robinson went to Kentucky. Crap.

[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:03 PM 06-05-2024
Originally Posted by Al Czervik:
Tough break for Elmarko. Best wishes for a speedy recovery and coming back next year!!!
He should get a medical exempt for this year so he has 3 more years and keeps his redshirt year, correct?
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 12:31 AM Yesterday
Originally Posted by rfaulk34:
Makes sense. He'll be your #1 option. At KU he would have come off the bench.
[Reply]
Ceej 05:31 AM Yesterday
Dan Hurley is now the favorite to land the Lakers' job.

That'll be an interesting dynamic if he does bolt and how many kids remain at UConn.
[Reply]
farmerchief 06:07 AM Yesterday
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:

Sure seems like this roster is absolutely loaded with competent players now. That’s nice after the last couple years.
Now, if Coach can get himself to change his mindset, and play more than a 6-7 man rotation, it should be an enjoyable year to watch. He cant say he doesnt have enough talent on the bench.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 07:17 AM Yesterday
Originally Posted by farmerchief:
Now, if Coach can get himself to change his mindset, and play more than a 6-7 man rotation, it should be an enjoyable year to watch. He cant say he doesnt have enough talent on the bench.
The last two years, with fewer schollies, we just didn’t have more than 6 or 7 competent players.

Self played 8 in 2022 (Remy, Lightfoot, and JCL off the bench), 9 if you count KJ Adams spot minutes.

We should be good.
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:19 AM Yesterday
Originally Posted by farmerchief:
Obviously Self knows what he's doing. But I thought he was missing the boat a few times by paring down the roster too much. Especially when some dudes would hit some serious slumps, getting some other guys some minutes. He can still ride his guys, but getting 8 or 9 minutes of another dude would have had some experience would have had value.

Especially in the Reed/Morningstar years getting some additional athleticism off the bench would have had value I think. Plus I think guys like Reed would have shot a better percentage with some fresher legs.

I'm not here to blast Self, I'm much more apt to make an argument for him being the greatest ever. But that's the way I see it from the couch.
[Reply]
Page 21 of 21
« First < 111718192021
Up