ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 18 of 18
« First < 81415161718
Nzoner's Game Room>EV Cars/Trucks
synthesis2 08:15 AM 03-04-2022
Since I was banned from the Gas thread for simply saying I was glad I have a EV car now I thought I'd answer the question that was posed to me by another before I was banned.(still have zero idea why.

We have a Model 3 long range, it gets around 340 miles per charge and our all in was 50k for the car, $500 for the Wall Charger (you don't need but its cool looking)

Our previous car was a Porsche Cayenne, here is what we spent in the year we owned it. My wife is a rep and uses as her company car. ( she gets paid mileage) so we paid 40k for it. Was a year old when we got it. She drove it 50K in a year, we had to use premium unleaded gas and it got around 18 miles per gallon. We had to get it serviced 3 times with a average cost of $500-700 on each service. I don't know how much we paid in gas but lets assume we still had it today and Premium was going for 4.50 a gallon, it would be around 12-14k on gas a year, along with $1500-2000 in services so our all in each year was 13.5-16k per year in service and gas.

With our Tesla our electricity has seemed to go up $40-50 per month, so lets call it $600 plus tires rotated $100, windshield wiper fluid $5 so for the year its around $800 vs. 13.5-16k.

So the 10k cost difference was made up in less than a year and now we are saving 12k plus per year compared. Plus she loves the car much more than the Porsche.

I know compared with a ford focus the math may not ever make sense but for a nicer car its been awesome for us.
[Reply]
Straight, No Chaser 07:18 PM 06-24-2024
Originally Posted by MagicHef:
Ah. I think I’ll be choosing between that or the EV9 in a few years.
Was out in Vegas for a weekend of Dead & Company shows and they had an Euro version there with a rep (in photos). It’s very large with a lot of room. They take their time with stuff but when they finally do something,it’s impressive. I think they VW Bus will live forever just because
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 08:10 PM 06-24-2024
Originally Posted by Lzen:
The problem with Chinese EVs is the same problem with everything made in China, the quality is crap.

Yea, Japanese cars used to be crap also.

China already produces a lot of high quality parts. For instance batteries, which are a key part of the EV race.

For geopolitical risk reasons, I think the US/West should generally try and decouple from China to the extent possible. Not something that is easy to do quickly. China may not make huge inroads into the US market, because they won't be allowed to compete. But I expect they will capture a sizable amount of the world wide EV market in the next 10 or 20 years. I mean a good chunk of the market is in China.
[Reply]
HemiEd 05:37 AM Today
Rivian stock jumped more than 50% on Volkswagen's $5 billion investment
Volkswagen is initially investing $1 billion in the EV maker, with an additional $4 billion to come by 2026

Rivian Automotive and Volkswagen Group are joining forces as they look to develop software technology that will help drive their production of electric vehicles.

https://qz.com/rivian-stock-volkswag...ent=newsletter
[Reply]
Page 18 of 18
« First < 81415161718
Up