ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 80 of 80
« First < 30707677787980
Nzoner's Game Room>Walt Disney World
Brianfo 12:01 PM 01-11-2006
My wife and I will be taking 2 small children to Walt Disney World in Florida in 2 weeks. I get to go as a bonus thru my work. We are staying at the Hilton. My question is what is the weather like down there in January? Any good ideas on what to see and do with twins that are 2 years old? I am kind of looking forward to it. A chance to get out of Iowa in January. Oh well, enought blabbing. Any responses are greatly appreciated.
[Reply]
ThrobProng 09:31 AM 06-27-2024
Originally Posted by CanadianChief:
My buddy is heading to Disneyworld in August and being from Canada he's pissed because International Travelers apparently can't take advantage of being able to book 7 days out. Booking needs to be made from within the US. Not sure if using a vpn is viable but I think he's looking into it.
Did you advise him against going? A good friend would.
[Reply]
CanadianChief 10:24 AM 06-27-2024
Originally Posted by ThrobProng:
Did you advise him against going? A good friend would.
His wife is a teacher so summer is their only real option to go. He keeps saying he was able to handle the Texas heat in August last year so I'm wanting to see how well he does in Florida while walking 10 miles a day.
[Reply]
ThrobProng 10:27 AM 06-27-2024
His wife is a teacher so summer is their only real option to go. He keeps saying he was able to handle the Texas heat in August last year so I'm wanting to see how well he does in Florida while walking 10 miles a day.
I wasn't talking about the weather, I'm talking about wasting a vacation in the nightmare that is Disneyworld.
[Reply]
loochy 10:30 AM 06-27-2024
My buddy is heading to Disneyworld in August and being from Canada he's pissed because International Travelers apparently can't take advantage of being able to book 7 days out. Booking needs to be made from within the US. Not sure if using a vpn is viable but I think he's looking into it.

I don't understand why they would care where you are when you use an app to book something
[Reply]
Gravedigger 11:03 AM 06-27-2024
I'm confused by the 7 day thing, unless he's not staying on property. I was able to book 60 days in advance for my reservations, maybe they have their permissions geofenced to accommodate Americans first, but when I booked our early April vacation we went on at no point was there ever a 7 day booking timeframe. I was ready to go in February.
[Reply]
Mosbonian 11:18 AM 06-27-2024
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
This advice.

You know its going to be hot as ****. And there are big crowds almost every day of the year. Prices are high for everything and lines are long. Just accept it as part of the deal going to Disney World.

One mistake people make about the heat is that they see temp highs of 92 or so and tell themselves, we have 92 degree days all the time in Missouri in the summer.

Which is true but 92 in Florida is way different due to the humidity. It feels like 100+ all summer. In Missouri getting in the shade lowers the heat "feel" tremendously. Florida it doesn't help much, That oppressive heat is just goes underneath that shade. Its better than being out in full sun but it aint much relief. Like the advice above, just know you will be hot, sweaty and sticky before you even get into the park. You can shower when you get back to the hotel and the air conditioning.
This is why we always go in November or December
[Reply]
CanadianChief 11:22 AM 06-27-2024
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
I'm confused by the 7 day thing, unless he's not staying on property. I was able to book 60 days in advance for my reservations, maybe they have their permissions geofenced to accommodate Americans first, but when I booked our early April vacation we went on at no point was there ever a 7 day booking timeframe. I was ready to go in February.
The new system that replaces Genie plus goes live on July 24th. You can book up to three rides per day similar to the old FastPass plus system. Are you talking about park reservations or dining reservations?
[Reply]
CanadianChief 11:23 AM 06-27-2024
Originally Posted by ThrobProng:
I wasn't talking about the weather, I'm talking about wasting a vacation in the nightmare that is Disneyworld.
Kinda got to just let him experience it himself to get a taste.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 12:57 PM 06-27-2024

I never heard of international issues on the old system. Perhaps once it actually goes live the answer will be more clear.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 01:08 PM 06-27-2024
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:

You are referring to dining reservations which are 60 days out that you can start booking. The new ride pass system will be 7 or 3 days depending on where you are staying.
[Reply]
Page 80 of 80
« First < 30707677787980
Up