ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Nzoner's Game Room>Offseason fodder: Dumbest Comments/"Analysis" You've Recently Seen/Heard RE: Chiefs
T-post Tom 03:46 PM 06-29-2024
I'll start:

"Travis Kelce fell short of 1,000 yards receiving for the first time since 2015. Without the tight end playing at an All-Pro level, the burden fell on Kansas City’s receivers to produce."
http://"https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl...-texans-colts"

16 yards short of 1000 while sitting out the last game & missing the first game due to a freak injury? Sacrificing personal stats in the last game to benefit the team and that's your analysis? Did you even watch Kelce in the postseason?

[Reply]
Megatron96 03:50 PM 06-29-2024
Superficially, that's a pretty dumb thing to say about Travis' 2023-24 performance.

Maybe he meant Travis' lack of TDs in the regular season? Or his extra drops? But then, why focus on his total yards? Seems like a dumb writer.
[Reply]
T-post Tom 04:41 PM 06-29-2024
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Superficially, that's a pretty dumb thing to say about Travis' 2023-24 performance.

Maybe he meant Travis' lack of TDs in the regular season? Or his extra drops? But then, why focus on his total yards? Seems like a dumb writer.
Am I off to think that he did perform at an all-pro level this past season?
[Reply]
Smed1065 04:43 PM 06-29-2024
When it matters......
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 04:44 PM 06-29-2024
Mike Florio/thread
[Reply]
suzzer99 04:48 PM 06-29-2024
Kelce's playoff stats are insane: 22 games, 165 receptions, 1,903 receiving yards, 19 TDs

Normalized to a 17 game season: 1,470 yards, 128 receptions, 15 TDs.

Which would literally be the best regular season a tight end has ever had, and it's not close.

Against the best defenses in the NFL, getting progressively harder as the playoffs advance, for more than a season's worth of games.

It's bonkers.
[Reply]
poolboy 04:54 PM 06-29-2024
Hello Mike!...
[Reply]
smithandrew051 05:00 PM 06-29-2024
Originally Posted by T-post Tom:
Especially when you consider he was banged up the entire year with setbacks against teams like Minnesota.
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:17 PM 06-29-2024
Originally Posted by T-post Tom:

I mean, I'll never have a negative thing to say about Travis, but when you look at just his stats:
https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/stat...7/travis-kelce

And I know; it's just ESPN, and there's stat columns missing, but the main ones are there.

But when you look at it, Travis saw 121 targets, his fewest since 2016. Fewest yards since 2015 (I know, he didn't play two games, I'm with you on that one). 10.6 yds/cth; his lowest of his career. just 5 TDs, his lowest total since 2019. And 50 First Downs, his lowest total since 2015.

Now, in context of 'did he have an All-Pro season'? compared to all the other TEs in the league, I'd say he probably did. however, in context of his own historical performances, it was definitely a down year in some respects more than others.

Of course, I could argue that as he was the only 'alpha' receiver last season, and it was obvious that every DC was attempting to find ways to contain/defend Travis and none of the other receivers did much to help split coverages (excepting Rice towards the latter-half of the season), Travis had himself a very good/great season in spite of all the added attention he was getting. Which puts hm right back into that 'All-Pro' conversation. At least in my book.

My guess is that this kind of story will gain some traction over the offseason, as many of these writers didn't actually watch Travis play every game last season; they're mostly going off the stats, which again aren't as definitive as some people like to think.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 05:57 PM 06-29-2024
Could Pat be thinking towards retirement
[Reply]
poolboy 05:59 PM 06-29-2024
welcome Mike...nah I dont think so
[Reply]
Nickhead 06-29-2024, 06:04 PM
This message has been deleted by Nickhead.
Rausch 05:26 AM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
My guess is that this kind of story will gain some traction over the offseason, as many of these writers didn't actually watch Travis play every game last season; they're mostly going off the stats, which again aren't as definitive as some people like to think.
Well, I did watch every game. And El Travador did look banged up and slower this season. He's also had surgeries to clean up his ankle and likely had one again or will this off season.
No one plays at 33 like they did at 23. The NFL and time take a toll. But if he gets in the playoffs can he play at a higher level than any other TE in the league?
We saw that the answer is yes. He can. If we're smart we manage his touches so he's healthy when that time of year comes around.
You don't get many opportunities to win 4 straight Super Bowls...
[Reply]
Bowser 08:10 AM Yesterday
Kelce had 11 catches on 11 targets against one of the best defenses the league had to offer last season in the AFC Championship game. That goes along with scoring a touchdown while matched up against a safety that gave up zero TDs to tight ends in the regular season.

I can't wait for Kelce to return to playing at an "All-Pro level" this season just to see what this offense looks like when he's got it together.
[Reply]
crispystl 08:13 AM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Rausch:
Well, I did watch every game. And El Travador did look banged up and slower this season. He's also had surgeries to clean up his ankle and likely had one again or will this off season.
No one plays at 33 like they did at 23. The NFL and time take a toll. But if he gets in the playoffs can he play at a higher level than any other TE in the league?
We saw that the answer is yes. He can. If we're smart we manage his touches so he's healthy when that time of year comes around.
You don't get many opportunities to win 4 straight Super Bowls...
He'll look better this year than last because defenses won't be able to key in on him and double the shit out of him with the new weapons we have.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 08:57 AM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Kelce had 11 catches on 11 targets against one of the best defenses the league had to offer last season in the AFC Championship game. That goes along with scoring a touchdown while matched up against a safety that gave up zero TDs to tight ends in the regular season.

I can't wait for Kelce to return to playing at an "All-Pro level" this season just to see what this offense looks like when he's got it together.
How dare he be so lazy with 11 catches and a td. Andy should cut his ass and make an example of him.
[Reply]
Up