ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Nzoner's Game Room>Lion's Mane Mushrooms and Nootropica
BWillie 10:23 PM 05-20-2024
Any CP members take Lions Mane often and other Nootropics? Wondering if it is placebo or actually works. I have issues with anxiety. I do not really have issues with concentration. Usually the two go hand in hand but not for me. I've tried quite a few different drugs and nootropics to help me navigate through life. I'm pretty introverted but can be very conversational under the right circumstances. It's just exhausting sometimes faking extroversion and the anxiety that can come from it.

Nootriopics/Drugs I've tried
--PS128 Medical Probiotic - This has almost been life-changing on how it positively affects my mood and lowers my frustration level
--Marijuana - Unlike most this actually INCREASES my anxiety and can give me paranoia yet it quickly makes me tired and want to sleep.
--GABA - I suppose gives a heightened since of clarity for a very short time but just doesn't last then gives me a tingling annoying feeling on my skin
--Caffeine -- I intake around 600 mg daily and it really helps me with clarity, focus and just general alertness. I get cranky if I don't take it. It makes me LESS anxious.
--Ashwagandha -- does absolutely nothing
--Alpha GPC -- nothing I can notice
--L-Theanine -- This does work but it is mild. When taking it with caffeine it kind of counter acts it though
-- Adderal -- Makes me feel great and confident. I don't know about clarity though...Ill notice I think Im in perfect clarity but will make a bad decision. Also unhealthy.
--COQ10 -- Dont really know what it does
--Modafinil -- Pretty amazing but dont know long term effects as its a drug and difficult to get a prescription
--Alcohol -- completely alleviates anxiety but makes me dumb and silly. Also not healthy and too much will make me cranky when I get hungover and coming down.

Thinking about trying Lions Mane and 5-HTP
[Reply]
BlackHelicopters 10:19 AM 05-21-2024
Vicodin, Valium and vodka always relieves my anxiety.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 10:25 AM 05-21-2024
Originally Posted by scho63:
No Lions Mane Mushrooms but I do like Beaver Juice Smoothies
I'm not sure you should be bragging about that, considering you have to pay to get near beaver...
[Reply]
asdf 12:51 PM 05-21-2024
Not a schroom or a nootropic, but magnesium supplements can help with anxiety.
[Reply]
loochy 12:57 PM 05-21-2024
Originally Posted by penguinz:
https://pubmed.ncbi.:-).nih.gov/21548867/

I hate that stupid ass emoji that ruins so many links.

Mods, can we change the code for that one?
[Reply]
Bowser 01:18 PM 05-21-2024
Originally Posted by loochy:
I hate that stupid ass emoji that ruins so many links.

Mods, can we change the code for that one?
I see the emoji as well but still was able to get to the link
[Reply]
ChiefAshhole1056 01:21 PM 05-21-2024
Originally Posted by BWillie:
For whatever reason I do not react well with CBD. Ive tried many different kinds now and the effects just arent pleasurable. It gives me more anxiety not less which I know is strange. It seems like uppers reduce my anxiety more than downers in general, yet alcohol is different. I guess I need to try all the different types of mushrooms and see what works for me but I like what Ive read about Lions Mane so far. Also just as a anti inflammatory and potentially keeping the brain healthy as a long term aid.

5-HT would worry me to take indefinitely but at a couple week intervals maybe its not so bad.
Interesting, not entirely that uncommon though, I’ve heard of others having similar reactions with CBD. My personal favorite is Kava Root, you can take it as a capsule supplement or make drinks with it, but overall it has been a great tool to take the edge off similar to how I feel alcohol helps with.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 01:29 PM 05-21-2024
Almost every doctor Ive ever talked to think Nootropics is a bunch of hogwash. I assume most of it is but after taking a medical probiotic and seeing how theanine can work there has to be some benefits.
They are definitely not hogwash, the long term safety was my biggest concern. I tinkered around about 7-8 years ago with bulk powder and making my own capsules, I absolutely noticed a huge difference. Adrafinil was my favorite, totally legal and your liver converts it to Modofinil. I was really into it for about a year, but then I changed to a Keto/Carnivore lifestyle and my brain fog basically vanished, so I have no need for it anymore.

They definitely helped me in my early days of sales, that’s for sure. If you have brain fog issues, they are absolutely worth exploring. Just don’t cheap out on what you buy, because you get what you pay for when it comes to this stuff.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 04:13 PM 05-21-2024
Originally Posted by penguinz:
https://pubmed.ncbi.:-).nih.gov/21548867/
That was a study conducted in rats and made no reference to enteral dosing.
[Reply]
BWillie 04:40 PM 05-21-2024
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
They are definitely not hogwash, the long term safety was my biggest concern. I tinkered around about 7-8 years ago with bulk powder and making my own capsules, I absolutely noticed a huge difference. Adrafinil was my favorite, totally legal and your liver converts it to Modofinil. I was really into it for about a year, but then I changed to a Keto/Carnivore lifestyle and my brain fog basically vanished, so I have no need for it anymore.

They definitely helped me in my early days of sales, that’s for sure. If you have brain fog issues, they are absolutely worth exploring. Just don’t cheap out on what you buy, because you get what you pay for when it comes to this stuff.
Where did you get the Adrafinil? I feel like taking that instead of chugging two Red Bulls a day would be more healthy.

Never thought about making your own capsules. I'm sure powder is much cheaper. Was it a big pain in the ass or pretty easy process?
[Reply]
BWillie 04:44 PM 05-21-2024
Originally Posted by ChiefAshhole1056:
Interesting, not entirely that uncommon though, I’ve heard of others having similar reactions with CBD. My personal favorite is Kava Root, you can take it as a capsule supplement or make drinks with it, but overall it has been a great tool to take the edge off similar to how I feel alcohol helps with.
I am adding Kava Root to cart right now. That would be amazing if it could act mentally as a couple beers.

I've been following this guy Dr Nutts progress for years now about making a synthetic no side fake alcohol drink. Sounds like they are getting close. It will be called Alcarelle or something like that. They already brought to market something called Sentia Spirits but its not alcarelle just a GABA drink probably to get branding out and help build capital to bring to market.

https://www.thedrinksbusiness.com/20...in-five-years/
[Reply]
Otter 08:56 PM 05-21-2024
Originally Posted by NewChief:
I'd just buy some 4Sigmatic or other Nootropic coffee/drink mix (I drink a lot of Odysssey 222 for my afternoon energy boost.. but it also has monkfruit / erythritol which isn't great for you).

Not sure about your feelings on or access to psychedelics, but you might look into microdose protocols as well.

How is that done legally anywhere in the US? I'm in hippie land and don't think possessing psylocibin is legal.
[Reply]
Otter 08:59 PM 05-21-2024
I am adding Kava Root to cart right now. That would be amazing if it could act mentally as a couple beers.

I've been following this guy Dr Nutts progress for years now about making a synthetic no side fake alcohol drink. Sounds like they are getting close. It will be called Alcarelle or something like that. They already brought to market something called Sentia Spirits but its not alcarelle just a GABA drink probably to get branding out and help build capital to bring to market.

https://www.thedrinksbusiness.com/20...in-five-years/

That stuff can be rough on the liver. Do some research before consuming.
[Reply]
NewChief 05:17 AM 05-22-2024
Originally Posted by Otter:
How is that done legally anywhere in the US? I'm in hippie land and don't think possessing psylocibin is legal.
Psilocybin has been decriminalized in several states now and several cities within other states have decriminalized it as well. Quite a few states are exploring decrim or allowing therapeutic medicinal use currently.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up