ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 5
< 12345
Nzoner's Game Room>Jared Goff gets paid
staylor26 02:45 PM 05-13-2024

Another done deal in Detroit: Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million contract extension that includes $170 million guaranteed, sources tell ESPN.

Goff now goes from former No. 1 overall pick to highest-paid Lion in franchise history. pic.twitter.com/FKlQuGDf8M

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) May 13, 2024

[Reply]
kccrow 12:58 PM 05-14-2024
Goff isn't for everyone but I think he's a guy you can get to the dance with. That gives you a chance. Not very many I'd say that about.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:04 PM 05-14-2024
Originally Posted by tatorhog:
I wonder what the straw will be that breaks the camel’s back. At some point contracts will plateau, and it’ll be interesting to see how that shakes out.
Even if McCarthy sucks, the Vikes made the correct decision. Other teams are going to have to decide to make the right decision as well.
[Reply]
Bump 02:17 PM 05-14-2024
he's a solid QB, put a good team around him and you will be in contention but he's no Mahomes obviously. He is the only QB that's ever beaten Mahomes when Mahomes put up over 50 points though.
[Reply]
dlphg9 03:27 PM 05-14-2024
He's more deserving than a lot of the QBs that have been paid and can definitely win a SB. He's 5-4 in post season games. He has 2 NFCCG appearances and 1 SB appearance. He's averaged 4500 yds and 30 TDs his last 2 years.

Also he led last year's Lions team to it's first playoff win since 1991 and he had more playoff wins last year than the entire franchise has had from 1958-2022. The Lions have had 1 playoff win in 65 years and Goff had 2 in 1 season. Plus he's only 29 years old. The Lions have never played in an NFCCG, either. Pathetic little franchise lol.

It might be a slight over pay, but with how contracts have exploded I see no problem with it.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 05-14-2024, 05:29 PM
This message has been deleted by Pasta Little Brioni. Reason: .
Pasta Little Brioni 05:30 PM 05-14-2024
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Who is slap dick?
There's ALWAYS one.

WHAT ELSE YOU WANT THEM TO DOOOO?
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 05:40 PM 05-14-2024
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Goff isn't for everyone but I think he's a guy you can get to the dance with. That gives you a chance. Not very many I'd say that about.
Can you get to the dance once you're paying him ~50M a year?

And you don't have high draft picks?
[Reply]
kccrow 08:00 PM 05-14-2024
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
Can you get to the dance once you're paying him ~50M a year?

And you don't have high draft picks?
Why not? It's not like he's shit. He's one of the top QBs in the NFC and easily one of the top 10 QBs in the league.

The cost of others around him is a GM problem they have to prove, not the QB. Most teams will have to fight not having a good QB on a rookie deal.

He has some legit young talent with Gibbs, LaPorta, and Williams.

They are still pretty young at the positions that matter on defense and they took real steps in improving that secondary this year on defense too.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 08:14 PM 05-14-2024
Seeeeee
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:47 PM 05-14-2024
Why not? It's not like he's shit. He's one of the top QBs in the NFC and easily one of the top 10 QBs in the league.

The cost of others around him is a GM problem they have to prove, not the QB. Most teams will have to fight not having a good QB on a rookie deal.

He has some legit young talent with Gibbs, LaPorta, and Williams.

They are still pretty young at the positions that matter on defense and they took real steps in improving that secondary this year on defense too.
He’s good, not great.

He’s basically Alex Smith with a really good deep ball instead of running ability.

He can make some hell for plays but he can lose you games too.

He’s getting a bad rap because McVeigh dumped him like a Pervy 16 year old who dumped the girl who won’t put out because a slut became available. Dumbfucks think that McVeigh walks on water because he made Goff look good. Then Goff looked bad. Everybody assumes it’s because Goff got lost. They can’t allow themselves to see the circular logic that maybe McVeigh was the problem. It’s way funnier to lob troll bombs that the gorilla Dan Campbell is the offensive savant because he got production out of Goff when McVeigh couldn’t.
[Reply]
BuckeyeTheDog 11:57 PM 05-14-2024
If Goff’s coach wasn’t a complete idiot against the 49ers, Goff would have went to a Super Bowl.

Not saying he’s great and all, but it takes a village.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 03:55 AM 05-15-2024
Originally Posted by BuckeyeTheDog:
If Goff’s coach wasn’t a complete idiot against the 49ers, Goff would have went to a Super Bowl.

Not saying he’s great and all, but it takes a village.
Stop
[Reply]
Page 5 of 5
< 12345
Up