ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 6
« First < 23456
Nzoner's Game Room>The business of selling fear
HemiEd 05:24 AM 06-25-2024
Heck, it is the offseason

I have noticed more and more lately adds trying to instigate fear to sell you some peace of mind.

The one that triggered this thread was a new one I saw yesterday about losing your home to a scam. I only watched it for a few minutes but remember seeing a fake bill of sale of a persons home for $10. Holy crap, how would that stand up?

This morning in my news feed one add was for SSN protection and the other Identity theft.

Have you had any personal experience with these issues or purchased these products?
What say you?

Personally I have avoided TikTok and have purchased an antivirus protection for my laptop.

Our Citibank card has been compromised at least a half dozen times in the last couple years, but none of the others have.
[Reply]
BWillie 05:37 PM 06-26-2024
Originally Posted by HemiEd:
Good stuff?
G-G-G-G-G-G Unit
[Reply]
Saulbadguy 05:51 PM 06-26-2024
Originally Posted by Lzen:
What practice? You mean you think they should make it illegal to charge 3% for using a CC? Personally, I don't have a problem with it. They are just passing on the cost from the CC companies. I just wish they would make it known up front. And maybe in my case they had a notice on the door or something that I didn't see.
I've heard (but haven't verified) that is against the agreement with the business and the credit card company.

And I agree, they should be up front about it - or at the very least, offer a "cash discount" instead of a fee.
[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 06:00 PM 06-26-2024
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Just a tech. No fat ass here. But, I worked alongside many a fatass..
Fixed your post.
[Reply]
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 06:48 PM 06-26-2024
Originally Posted by scho63:
Negative emotions drive action: Fear, Greed, Jealousy, Hate, Failure, Losing, Selfishness, Criticisims

Positive emotions create passivity: Love, Satisfaction, Comfort, Happiness, Success, Winning, Sharing, Compliments
Where does horny fall in this dichotomy?
[Reply]
Stewie 07:20 PM 06-26-2024
Talk about fear. I read that only about 8% of life insurance policies are ever paid out. That's insane. Talk about free money for those companies.

I use my Capital One credit card for nearly every purchase. Not only do I get 1.5% cash back, but I get a notification on my phone within a minute that there's been a transaction.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:38 PM 06-26-2024
Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY:
Fixed your post.
you can diss me but not those heroes. Every person in that building that wasn’t a civilian was a member of our special forces. They are not fat ass’s.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 6
« First < 23456
Up