« First < 5455152535455
Nzoner's Game Room>***** All things Fitness *****
penguinz 08:51 AM 01-02-2022
2022 getting and staying fit thread!
[Reply]
penguinz 11:08 AM Today
Originally Posted by Chargem:
Interesting post, I agree and I don't.

I do agree with you that strength is a better goal for most than mass/physique, but then I actually really respect Jeff Nippard, he is a bodybuilder but he also values strength etc infinitely more than the average youtube fitness bodybuilder type, he has strength specific programs and has been a powerlifter.

I also don't find the 30lbs of muscle claim that crazy, and he probably did most of that with strength training rather than bodybuilding. It may also be worth noting that both of Jeff's parents were competitive bodybuilders so its actually more his access to knowledge that gave him a headstart over the average gym newbie.

I got into the gym initially via discovering Starting Strength and 5x5, and people add a ridiculous amount of muscle in the first year or so with those programs all the time. Those that don't, assuming they actually follow the workout plan, either they start overweight and have no idea the ratio of fat loss to muscle gain when they succeed, or those who start out skinny generally don't eat enough to max out their potential gains and hit the kind of gains Jeff did.
Mass comes from hypertrophy training (bodybuilding) not from strength training. This is why the first block in a powerlifting or strongman program is a lot of hypertrohpy.
[Reply]
Page 55 of 55
« First < 5455152535455
Up